Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You are responsible for always answering the phone when it rings.
"Murrell Library, this is (your name), may I help you?"
"Library Commons, this is (your name), may I help you?"
For placing calls on hold when you have people in front of you:
"Murrell Library, can you hold please?"
When you get back to the caller on hold, answer with the initial greeting of "Murrell Library, this is (your name), may I help you?"
- Be polite and courteous.
- Repeat the caller's question for clarification and provide an answer.
- Always be polite--"please," "thank you," and "I am sorry."
- When the caller is speaking, listen to what he or she has to say without interruptions.
- If transferring a call, let the caller know before transferring the call. Tell the caller, in the event there is a disconnection, the number to reach Dr./Mr./Ms. (name) and their extension.
- To transfer calls, press the button under ‘Transfer’ on the screen, dial the extension, and then hang up the receiver.
Picking up calls from other phones.