Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books are shelved by Library of Congress call numbers. Use the library's online catalog to find books and eBooks.
The library catalog for Missouri Valley College and 8 other academic libraries.
Online reference materials in a variety of subjects.
eBooks from EBSCO (eMO)
Courtesy of MOBIUS and Murrell Library.
Streaming Audio, Video, and eBooks available on computer, tablet, or phone with your MoVal login information.
This encyclopaedia is a dynamic reference and study place for students, teachers, researchers and professionals in the field of education, philosophy and social sciences, offering both short and long entries on topics of theoretical and practical interest in educational theory and philosophy by authoritative world scholars representing the full ambit of education as a rapidly expanding global field of knowledge and expertise.
Springer Science+Business Media 2017
The highly acclaimed Encyclopedia of Special Education addresses issues of importance ranging from theory to practice and is a critical reference for researchers as well as those working in the special education field. This completely updated and comprehensive A-Z reference includes about 200 new entries, with increased attention given to those topics that have grown in importance since the publication of the third edition, such as technology, service delivery policies, international issues, neuropsychology, and RTI. The latest editions of assessment instruments frequently administered in special education settings are discussed.
Offers a comprehensive overview of research in the field.
The Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children is the essential reference on research on early childhood education throughout the world. This singular resource provides a comprehensive overview of important contemporary issues as well as the information necessary to make informed judgments about these issues. The field has changed significantly since the publication of the second edition, and this third edition of the handbook takes care to address the entirety of vital new developments. A valuable tool for all those who work and study in the field of early childhood education, this volume addresses critical, cutting edge research on child development, curriculum, policy, and research and evaluation strategies. With a multitude of new and updated chapters, The Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children, 3rd Edition makes the expanding knowledge base related to early childhood education readily available and accessible.
Provides a comprehensive review and critical synthesis of significant theory; a unique cross-national perspective; significant contributions from scholars working in related fields; an increased focus on empirically supported scholarship; and is arranged for quick and easy reference.
Elsevier Science & Technology 2000
This book serves as a guide to the principal concepts currently in use in Developmental Psychology and is perfect for courses in child development or developmental psychology.
Sage UK 2006
Provides students with essential themes, topics and expressions that Education students are likely to encounter, both during their courses and beyond in professional practice.
Sage UK 2008
Covering the key principles and concepts in the teaching and learning of mathematics in elementary schools, this text provides trainee and practicing teachers with a quick and easy reference to what they need to know for their course, and in the classroom.
Sage UK 2007
The encyclopedia is designed to show the diversity of topics that contribute to the study of the philosophy of education.
Key Concepts in Early Childhood Education and Care, Cathy Nutbrown's second edition, explains the key ideas and issues in Early Childhood clearly and concisely, keeping students up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
Sage UK 2011
Key Concepts in Learning Disabilities is a handy guide to the topics you need to know about whether studying or working in the field of learning disabilities. The A-Z format allows you to "dip in" and quickly find relevant information on topics ranging from Autism to Rights and from Advocacy to Challenging Behaviors.
Sage UK 2010
A reference work that presents a chronology focusing on special education, its development, and the important issues that both positively and negatively affect the field. Newly updated, this edition provides an excellent introduction to special education in all of its practical aspects - how it developed, its curriculum, assessment issues, the law, and advocacy.
Grey House Publishing 2018
An invaluable and unique reference work for evaluation scholars and specialists, educators, policymakers, graduate students in evaluation and education, administrators and other school personnel, as well as personnel in funding organizations.
Springer Science+Business Media 2003
This book discusses a series of issues currently at the forefront of educational debate internationally, using works of distinguished authors from many regions of the world.
Springer Science+Business Media 2007
Education journals from 2010 to the present are located in the Commons. Older educational journals (through 2009) are located in the Periodicals Section on the 2nd floor of Murrell Library. In both locations, the journals are arranged in alphabetical order by title.
- American Biology Teacher (Scholarly) - A peer-reviewed professional journal for K-16 biology teachers.
- American Educator - The quarterly professional magazine of the American Federation of Teachers.
- American School Board Journal - The American School Board Journal is a monthly trade magazine on school administration.
- Arts & Activities - Arts & Activities is a source for creative ideas, inspiration, classroom resources and art-education information, and is also used as a text in teacher-education programs at colleges and universities around the world.
- Book Links - Book Links is designed for teachers, youth librarians, school library media specialists, reading specialists, curriculum coordinators, and others interested in connecting children with high quality literature-based resources.
- Carnegie Reporter - Explores and illuminates the challenges faced by the nation and the world, as well as the constant ebb and flow of issues and ideas that inform the work of the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
- Chronicle of Higher Education - The No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. (A password is required for access to this database. During daytime hours please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. After 4:00 p.m. please call 660-831-4180.
- Education & Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities (Scholarly) - Focuses on the education and welfare of persons autism spectrum disorder, intellectual disability, and developmental disabilities.ETADD invites research and expository manuscripts and critical review of the literature.
- Educational Technology Research and Development - 03/01/1997 to 1 year ago in Psychology Database.
- Gifted Child Quarterly (Scholarly) - A peer-reviewed academic journal covering the field of education. It publishes original research and new and creative insights about giftedness and talent development in the context of the school, the home, and the wider society.
- Inside Higher Education - An online source for higher education news, thought leadership, careers and resources.
- Language Arts (Scholarly) - A professional journal for elementary and middle school teachers and teacher educators.
- Mathematics Teaching (Scholarly) - The journal of the Association of Teachers of Mathematics. It is a professional journal sent to all members of the Association. It is not a refereed journal. Submissions are reviewed by the editorial team. Many articles have additional information or associated files placed on the journal website.
- Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School (Scholarly) - This official peer-reviewed journal of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and is intended as a resource for middle school students, teachers, and teacher educators.
- Middle School Journal (Scholarly) - An official publication of the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE). This journal offers articles that promote quality middle level education and contribute to an understanding of the educational and developmental needs of youth between the ages of 10 and 15.
- Missouri School Music - A publication of the Missouri Music Educators’ Association.
- MUSE - A science and arts magazine for kids that's spot-on with the facts, but off-kilter with the jokes.
- NSTA Reports - To address subjects of critical interest to science educators, the National Science Teachers’ Association publishes among other journals, a 52-page newspaper, NSTA Reports
- Principal Leadership High School - Focuses on school leaders’ real needs in a high school setting, offering them practical, hands-on strategies for improving their schools in a constantly evolving educational environment.
- Reading Improvement (Scholarly) - An academic journal that publishes reports and creative theoretical papers dealing with every aspect of reading improvement, and at all levels of instruction. Articles dealing with encoding and decoding, special education, handwriting, art, and literature in relation to K-12 are included in the sphere of interest.
- Remedial and Special Education (Scholarly) - Offers interdisciplinary articles that bridge the gap between theory and practice involving the education of individuals for whom typical instruction is not effective. Articles include topical reviews, syntheses of research, field evaluation studies, and recommendations for practice of remedial and special education.This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Scholastic Teacher - Teacher magazine brings K–8 educators the professional learning advice and inspired teaching ideas they need to do their best work in the classroom.
- School and Community - Publication of the Missouri State Teachers Foundation.
- School Library Connection - An extensive learning resource for school library professionals.
- Science and Children (Scholarly) - An award-winning peer-reviewed practitioners' journal with an audience of preK–5 science teachers and those who provide them support as well as instructors of teachers and preservice elementary students.
- Science Scope (Scholarly) - An award-winning, peer-reviewed, practitioners' journal for grade 6–8 teachers, university faculty responsible for teacher preparation, and state and district science supervisors and leaders.
- Science Teacher (Scholarly) - An award-winning, peer-reviewed, practitioners' journal with an audience made up of high school science educators who provide support for other teachers, instructors of teachers, and preservice secondary education students. Features articles written by educators for educators.
- Social Studies and the Young Learner - The goal of Social Studies and the Young Learner is to capture and enthuse elementary teachers across the country by providing relevant and useful information about the teaching of social studies to elementary students.The teaching techniques presented in this peer-reviewed journal are designed to stimulate the reading, writing, and critical thinking skills vital to classroom success.
- Teacher Education and Special Education (Scholarly) - Teacher Education and Special Education (TESE) is an academic journal which stimulates and improves the preparation of those who will work with children with disabilities. It offers research on exceptionality and the teaching of exceptional children, as well as the critical issues shaping the future of teacher education.
- Teacher Education Quarterly (Scholarly) - A nationally and internationally respected peer-reviewed scholarly journal sponsored by the California Council on Teacher Education.
- School management and organization: LB2801-LB2997 (Organization and supervision); LB3011-LB3095 (Management and discipline)
- Elementary school administration: LB2822.5
- Elementary school principals: LB2831.9-LB2831.976
- High school principals: LB2831.9-LB2831.976
- High schools--Administration: LB2822
- Junior high school principals: LB2831.9-LB2831.976
- School administrators: LB2831.8-LB2831.876
- School-based management: LB2806.35
- School boards: LB2831
- School management teams: LB2806l3
- School personnel management: LB2831.5-LB2844.4
- School principals: LB2831.9-LB2831.976
- School superintendents: LB2831.7-LB2831.776
- School supervision: LB2806.4
LA5-LA2396 (History of Education)
LB 1027.3 (Education--Experimental methods)
LB1025-LB1050.7 (Teaching--Principles and Practices)
LB1027.25 (Activity programs in education)
LB1027.43 (Project method in teaching)
LB1028.5 (Programmed instruction)
LB1029 .P67 (Portfolios in education)
LB1043.5-1044 (Visual aids)
LB1043-1044.9 (Audiovisual education)
LB1044 (Motion pictures in education)
LB1044.4 (Audiocassettes in education)
LB1044.7 (Television in education)
LB1044.75 (Video tapes in education)
LB1044.9 (Comic books, strips, etc., in education)
LB1139.2-LB1139.5 (Early Childhood Education)
LB1140-LB1140.5 (Preschool Education/Nursery Schools)
LB1501-LB1547 (Primary Education)
LB1555-LB1602 (Elementary or Public School Education)
LB2806.15 (Curriculum planning)
LB5-LB3640 (Theory and Practice of Education)
LC3950-4806.5 (Exceptional children and youth. Special education)
LC3991-4000 (Gifted children and youth)
LC4001-4806.5 (Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth)
LC4812-5160.3 (Other special classes)
LC5201-6660 (Adult education)
LC5219 (Instructional Design)
LC5225 (Assessment and Theory)
LC5251 (History of Adult Ed)
LC5255 (Global Issues in Adult Ed)
LC5256 (Lifelong Learning)
LC5800-5808 (Distance education)
LC5900-6101 (Correspondence schools and courses)
LC8-LC6691 (Special Aspects of Education)
TR267 (Photography--Digital techniques)
- BF241 (Visual perception)
- BF295 (Perceptual-motor learning)
- BF309-499 (Cognition)
- BF311 (Metacognition)
- BF318-319.5 (Learning, Psychology of)
- BF319.5 .F4 (Feedback--Psychology)
- BF319.5 .I45 (Implicit learning)
- BF321-323 (Attention)
- BF321 (Interest--Psychology)
- BF321 (Apperception)
- BF325 (Comprehension)
- BF365-395 (Association of ideas)
- BF370-387 (Memory)
- BF441-449 (Thought and thinking)
- BF442 (Reasoning--Psychology)
- BF443-443.5 (Abstraction)
- BF444 (Human information processing)
- BF449.5 (Insight)
- BF501-504.3 (Achievement motivation)
- LB1050.9-1091 (Educational psychology)
- LB1059 (Transfer of training)
- LB1062 (Concept learning & Creative thinking)
- Q350-390 (Information theory)
- BF712-724.85 Developmental psychology
- HF5381 (Vocational guidance)
- HF5549.5.C8 (Employee counseling)
- LB1027.5 (Educational counseling)
- LB1027.55 (Student guidance and counseling--School psychology)
- LB1027.6 (Student guidance and counseling--Computer-assisted counseling)
- LB2342.9 (Student affairs services--General works)
- LB2343.25 (Student affairs services--Campus-based child care)
- LB2343.3 (College orientation. College freshmen--General works)
- LB2343.4 (College student development programs)
- LB2343.5 (Employment bureaus. College placement services)
- LB2343.6 (Student affairs services--Commuting students)
- LB2343-2350 (Student affairs services--Student guidance and counseling)
- LB2344 (Student affairs services—Discipline)
- LB2346 (Student affairs services--College student government)
- LB2350 (Student affairs services--Relation between higher and secondary education)
- R727.4 (Health counseling)
- L7-991 (Education--General)
- LA5-2396 (History of education)
- LA201-398 (United States)
- LB5-3640 (Theory and practice of education)
- LB1025-1050.75 (Teaching--Principles and practice)
- LB1139.2-1139.5 (Early childhood education)
- LB1140-1140.5 (Preschool education. Nursery schools)
- LB1141-1489 (Kindergarten)
- LB1501-1547 (Primary education)
- LB1555-1602 (Elementary or public school education)
- LB1603-1696.6 (Secondary education. High schools)
- LC8-6691 (Special aspects of education)
- LC3950-4806.5 (Exceptional children and youth. Special education)
- LC3991-4000 (Gifted children and youth)
- LC4001-4806.5 (Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth)
- LT6-501 (Textbooks)
HC79.I55 (Information technology)
HD30.2-HD30.215 (Knowledge management)
HD9696.8 (Internet industry)
HF5415.1265 (Internet marketing)
HF5548.32-.33 (Electronic commerce)
LB1028.3 (Educational technology)
LB1028.26-.27 (Education--Information services)
LB1028.43 (Education--Data processing)
LB1028.46 (Computer managed instruction)
LB1028.5-.7 (Computer-assisted instruction)
LB1029 .G3 (Educational games)
LB1029 .S5 (Simulation games in education)
LB1029 .S53 (Education--Simulation methods)
LB1043 (Computer literacy)
P98-98.5 (Computational linguistics)
Q342 (Computational intelligence)
QA76.575 (Multimedia systems)
QA76.6-.66 (Computer programming)
QA76.625 (Internet programming)
QA76.76 .H94 (Hypertext systems)
QA76.76 .I59 (Interactive multimedia)
QA76.9 .A43 (Online algorithms)
QA76.9 .C659 (Computers and children)
QA76.9 .D32-.D343 (Data mining)
QA76.9 .D32 (Databases--Data mining)
QA76.9 .D6 (Electronic data processing documentation)
QA76.9 .H85 (Human-computer interaction)
T385 (Computer graphics)
TK5103.2-TK5105.77 (Wireless communication systems)
TK5103.3 (Bluetooth technology)
TK5103.7-.75 (Digital communications)
TK5105.4 (Synchronous data transmission systems)
TK5105.5-.9 (Computer networks)
TK5105.78 (Wireless LANs)
TK5105.87-.875 (Wide area networks--Computer networks)
TK5105 (World Wide Web)
TK5105.73-.743 (Electronic mail systems)
TK5105.88817 (Web 2.0)
TK5105.884-.885 (Web search engines)
TK5105.8867 (Internet videos)
TK5105.88815 (Semantic Web)
TK5105.8882 (Wikis--Computer science)
TK6680.5-6687 (Digital video)
TK7882.S65 (Speech processing systems)
TK7885-7895 (Computer engineering)
ZA3201-3250 (Information superhighway)
ZA4050-4460 (Electronic information resources)
ZA4195-4235 (World Wide Web)
ZA4390 (Computer bulletin boards)
ZA4450-4460 (Databases--Information science)
ZA4460 (Database searching