Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Commercial Art NC 997 - NC 2002
- Marketing: HF5410 - HF5417.5
- Export Marketing: HF1416 - HF1416.6
- Marketing-Management: HF5415.13
- Marketing Research: HF5415.2
- Consumer Behavior: HF5415.32 - HF5415.33
- Purchasing: HF5437
- Selling: HF5438 - HF5439
- Ad*Access - The Ad*Access Project, funded by the Duke Endowment "Library 2000" Fund, presents images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
- AdCracker - Create your own marketing and advertising concepts.
- Ad Critic - Now run by Advertising Age.
- AdFlip.com - "The world's largest searchable database of classic print ads."
- AdForum - Worldwide advertising and ad agencies.
- Ad Resource - Internet Advertising and Promotion Resources
- Advertising Agencies in America - A directory.
- Advertising Icon Museum
- Advertising Self-Regulatory Council (ASRC)
- Advertising World - Resources for advertising & marketing professionals, students, and teachers.
- American Customer Satisfaction Index - From the University of Michigan, National Cross-Industry Benchmarks of Customer Satisfaction for the United States and the United Kingdom.
- American Academy of Advertising
- American Academy of Advertising
- American Marketing Association
- Association for the Advancement of Relationship Marketing (AARM)
- Business and Market Intelligence
- Business Researcher's Interests - Built for the serious market researcher, this site contains a wide array of high-level marketing tools. The index includes over 2,000 links to online resources, including newspapers, full-text databases, online libraries, and free reports from government, industry, and academia.
- Claritas MyBestSegments - Claritas evaluates market segments. Includes zip code look up. Limited free content.
- ClickZStats - Formerly Cyberatlas, the site provides readers with valuable statistics and Web marketing information, enabling them to understand their business environment and make more informed business decisions.
- Direct Marketing Association
- Emergence of Advertising in America - Presents over 9,000 images, with database information, relating to the early history of advertising in the United States.
- Explore Census Data - Access to a variety of U.S. census data and government surveys. Locate statistics for your community, county, state, or beyond. Includes data on age, population, race, income, the economy, education, family make-up, health and more.
- GreenBook - Worldwide Directory of Marketing Research Companies and Services.
- InsightExpress - Fee based Market Research reports.
- International Advertising Association - A national trade organization headquartered in New York representing the advertising agency business, providing information on upcoming conferences, membership benefits or professional development programs.
- Internet Intelligence Index - The Internet Intelligence Index is a compilation of sites useful in gathering competitor and marketplace information on the Internet.
- KnowThis.com - The Internet's Reference & Resource Web Site for Marketing, Research, Advertising, Selling, Promotion & More.
- MarketingProfs.com - Free registration and articles, tutorials and marketing FAQs.
- Market Research Portal
- Marketing Research Association
- The Marketing Resource Center - The Marketing Resource Center is designed to assist businesses with their traditional and Internet marketing efforts.
- Media Finder
- National Association of Sales Professionals
- National Retail Federation
- New York Public Library - A guide to starting your own business and how to do the marketing research.
- The Right Site - Demographic reference and site selection service on the Web.
- Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI)
- Scarborough Research - A Marketing Research Company
- Science, Tobacco and You - Good resource on tobacco advertising with some general information.
- U.S.A.Data Local Market Data Resource - USADATA provides updated consumer marketing data for marketing professionals and industry specialists. The site integrates demographic, lifestyle, and consumer shopping and product consumption data to provide an analysis of present and future U.S. consumer trends.
- United States Population Projections: 2000 to 2050 - From the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ypulse - Daily news and commentary about Generation Y.
- ZIP Lookup - From Esri, this site provides limited free segmentation data. Includes income, age and population density data.
From the U.S. Census Bureau, an annual report on e-commerce. Also has links to current year quarterly statistics on e-commerce.
- Global Technology Forum
From the Economist Intelligence Unit, a guide to conducting e-commerce around the world. Don't miss their Research Portal with dozens of links to additional information.
- Marketing Tutorials by Knowthis.com
A collection of web links to information about internet marketing from KnowThis.com, a well known marketing web portal.
- American Factfinder
From the U.S. Census Bureau, has both demographic and economic data. Select People from the left menu for the latest population data, then create data sets using the decennial (every 10 years) census or the annual, less detailed, American Community Survey.
- Population & Household Economic Data
From the U.S Census Bureau, a list of population and household economic data topics covered in the agency's publications. Links are provided to the publications and tables.
- American Time Use Survey
From the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, an annual survey that measures the amount of time people spend doing various activities, such as paid work, childcare, volunteering, and socializing.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey
From the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, two surveys: the quarterly Interview Survey & the Diary Survey. Both provide information on the buying habits of American consumers, including data on their expenditures, income, and consumer unit (families & single consumers) characteristics.