Murrell Library will support your graduate research activities, locating and using information AND supplying spaces and equipment for your work.
- Murrell Library. Most subjects are available in the Murrell Library. Reference books and newspapers are located on the first floor. Fiction and non-fiction books, Juvenile collections, educational resources, periodicals, popular fiction, art books, and Special Collections are on the second floor. Phone: (660) 831-4180.
- Library Research Guides. We have research guides for each program on campus. These guides will help you begin your research, decide which scholarly databases to use, and find authoritative websites in your discipline. For graduate students, see the research guides for:
a. Counseling Research Guide
b. Educational Administration Research Guide
c. Nursing Research Guide
- Interlibrary Loan. Murrell Library will borrow books and articles that are not available at MVC. We are a member of the Mobius consortium, which includes 78 libraries in 5 states. Murrell Library uses the Avalon Catalog, which includes our materials and eight nearby academic libraries. You can place your own requests in Avalon. If you don't find what you need, check the complete Mobius Catalog and place your own request. Murrell Library also has an agreement with the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, allowing you to request materials from 80 libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. To see what is available and request materials, use the Prospector Catalog. If you still can't find what you need, we will find it for you. See our Interlibrary Loan page. There is no additional cost for requesting items not held by Murrell Library; your tuition dollars help subsidize this service.
- Need an article from a print journal or a chapter from a print book? Graduate students can also request that articles or chapters from print items in the Main Library be scanned and forwarded to their library accounts! Check out MARS (the MSU Article Retrieval System) for more information. Note: this service usually takes two to three working days (Monday-Friday).
- Computers, scanners, printers, and copiers. Murrell Library has computers available. Scanning is free of charge. Costs for printing and photocopying are:
a. Black & white single-sided: 10 cents
b. Color single-sided: 10 cents